xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] NUX - TypeInfo not found

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Wolfgang Hoschek <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • To: "Watson, John" <JWatson AT satelliteinfo.co.uk>
  • Cc: " \(xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org\)" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] NUX - TypeInfo not found
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:25:23 -0800

On Jan 12, 2005, at 8:09 AM, Watson, John wrote:

Not sure whether to post this here, but I was encouraged to do so by the NUX
home page.

Yep, this is the right place to ask.

Firstly, I'm very interested in XOM, particularly as it offers
very strong XML conformance together with a small memory footprint. The
particular feature I require is XPath support, and I've seen the recent
postings - I'm very pleased that this seems likely to be a priority for a
future release.

In the meantime, I thought I'd use it to help me get some practical
experience of XQuery and so I turned to NUX. I have problems in running my
first small test program because it can't find the new DOM level 3
org.w3c.domTypeInfo class. I am using java 1.4 together with an over-ridden
version of Xerces 2.5.0 and Xalan in the lib/endorsed directory of the jre.

Any ideas about how to get round this would be gratefully accepted. (I'm
not in a position to switch to java 1.5 just yet)

Ah, I haven't seen this before in my testing. Without seeing a stacktrace, it sounds like a JAXP-1.3 classpath or xerces version problem. Try putting the JAXP-1.3 jars (jaxp-api.jar and dom.jar) from https://jaxp.dev.java.net/ onto the classpath. If that doesn't fix it try using the xerces-2.6.2 jar.

[I guess the xerces folks will bundle an Apache licensed JAXP-1.3 with a future xerces-2.7.0]

Wolfgang.