xom-interest - [XOM-interest] NUX - TypeInfo not found

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Watson, John" <JWatson AT satelliteinfo.co.uk>
  • To: " (xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org)" <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] NUX - TypeInfo not found
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:09:00 -0000

Not sure whether to post this here, but I was encouraged to do so by the NUX
home page. Firstly, I'm very interested in XOM, particularly as it offers
very strong XML conformance together with a small memory footprint. The
particular feature I require is XPath support, and I've seen the recent
postings - I'm very pleased that this seems likely to be a priority for a
future release.

In the meantime, I thought I'd use it to help me get some practical
experience of XQuery and so I turned to NUX. I have problems in running my
first small test program because it can't find the new DOM level 3
org.w3c.domTypeInfo class. I am using java 1.4 together with an over-ridden
version of Xerces 2.5.0 and Xalan in the lib/endorsed directory of the jre.

Any ideas about how to get round this would be gratefully accepted. (I'm
not in a position to switch to java 1.5 just yet)

Satellite Information Services Limited Registered Office:
17 Corsham Street London N1 6DR, Company No. 4243307

The information in this e-mail (which includes any files
transmitted with it) is confidential and is intended for the
addressee only. Unauthorised recipients are required to
maintain confidentiality. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the sender immediately, destroy any
copies and delete it from your computer system.