xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Three cosmetic patches

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: jcowan AT reutershealth.com
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Three cosmetic patches
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:15:15 -0500

Elliotte Rusty Harold scripsit:

> OK. Based on this I made that change. Code will be in CVS soon if it
> isn't already. However, my benchmarks were not able to measure any
> performance difference between the two cases. If there is one, it's
> below my resolution.

I note that Serializer is recursive,
and should be fixed on the same grounds: see
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/xom-interest/2002-September/000082.html
for the non-recursive tree-walking algorithm I used in DOMParser.

Note also that the above message proposes an extension to SAXConverter to
make it a full XMLReader; the parse() methods ignore their arguments, and
aSaxConverter.setProperty("http://xom.nu/properties/xom-node";, aDocument)
specifies which document to walk. You never actually rejected this,
and it's very simple and allows code that expects to be instantiating
a SAX parser to do so with minimal change.

--
A poetical purist named Cowan [that's me: jcowan AT reutershealth.com]
Once put the rest of us dowan. [on xml-dev]