xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] prefixChild?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] prefixChild?
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 10:40:03 +0200

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
public void prefixChild(Node child)

This would insert a new Node at the beginning of the parent's list rather than the end. I got this idea because I noticeds that in my sample code, 9 times out of 10 when parent.insertChild(n, node) is called, n is equal to 0.

-1: Every programmer will understand insertChild(0, node). I don't think there's a need for a method dedicated to prepend.

Laurent