xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] ready for prime-time?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: dirk bergstrom <dirk AT juniper.net>
  • To: XOM <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] ready for prime-time?
  • Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 14:40:55 -0800

Mike Fitzgerald expounded at length upon:
> In my opinion, XOM is a good risk.

after reading elharo's response, and looking over the source a bit, i'm
inclined to agree. i took a cursory look at Element.java, and if the rest
of the code looks like that, i could handle supporting it on my own (if
that bus ever hits).

that's some fine looking code you've got there, elharo. nice short
methods, big javadoc comments, more comment than code in many places. i
wish my code looked that nice. obsessive correctness in an API designer
is comforting. and anyone who cites chapter and verse from bloch's book
is all right by me.

> It's not going away. It works. API changes will be minimal.

yeah, i bet you're right. it looks and sounds more done than not.

> XOM is so simple that it's been worth the effort to
> learn and use it.

and that's what i'm going to do. hopefully i can meet my end-of-the-month
deadline...

i'll send in some feedback when i get done.

thanks to both of you for replying.

--
Dirk Bergstrom dirk AT juniper.net
Juniper Networks Inc., Computer Geek