xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Does Serializer output XML?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Bradley S. Huffman" <hip AT a.cs.okstate.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Does Serializer output XML?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 23:16:32 -0400

At 8:56 PM -0500 9/19/02, Bradley S. Huffman wrote:
Is Serializer suppose to output XML?

I can confirm that this is a bug. I've fixed it in my copy and will include it in my next update, tomorrow or this weekend, along with the method name changes people seem to like (getAttributeValue instead of readAttribute and getChildCount instead of howManyChildren) and the fixes for Laurent's bugs. The variations on TreeNode/LeafNode/Node are going to take deeper thought and testing.

This report also got me looking at the same code for a number of other cases (out-of-range characters and quotes in attribute values) and helped me find and fix several other bugs. Thanks!

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| XML in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (O'Reilly, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xian2/ |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0596002920/cafeaulaitA/ |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |