wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:22:52 -0500

Hey everyone,

There’s tons of radio goodness coming your way this week! Check out some of the upcoming shows we have planned:

Tonight on the Inside Track, at 9pm, we've got a new release of sometimes shimmering and warm and other times cold and distant electronic music from Chapel Hill techno-er Alene Marie aka Liquid Asset. Get ready to crash-land on a glittery, shape-shifting planet inhabited by electronic moths, and let the music take over your body as we embrace our bug overlords in a feel-good dance party.

Tune in to Broken Music this Sunday to hear a set of new compositions from the young Italian composer Clara Iannotta. These recordings, penned while Iannotta was an artist-in-residence at the DAAD Artists-In-Berlin Programme in 2013, have been compiled this month on the prolific German avant-garde label Edition RZ. While challenging, these ensemble pieces elaborately illustrate Iannotta's fascination with both audio theatrics as well as purposeful silence.

On tonight's very special New Science Experience, we’re teaming up with Durham's Moogfest to premiere a a guest mix by UK ambient legends The Orb (!!!!), playing a synth heavy mix in honor of the late Bob Moog. NSE's very own Tommy M will close out the show by mixing tracks from other artists who will be at Moogfest, including Lotic, Rabit, Jlin, Laurel Halo, Actress, Black Madonna, Earthly, etc. Tune in from 10pm to midnight, it's gonna be tight!!

And tune in to Monday’s Outside Track at 9pm to catch a new release from Anna Homler titled The Breadwoman and Other Tales. Borne from a series of performance pieces featuring a woman dressed in rags, wielding bread, and chanting in an invented language, these tracks feature minimal electronics, drum machines, inviting synthesizers, and the occasional woodwind, along with Homler’s powerful, sometimes bluesy chanting.