wxyc-announce - [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC

wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org" <wxyc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [wxyc-announce] This Week on WXYC
  • Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 19:27:30 -0400

Hi all,

It’s finally October, the spookiest month of them all! It’s also Friday, arguably the best day of the week, and time for me to let you know about some of the programming we have coming up on WXYC.

Tonight’s Inside Track, 9 to 10pm, will be some PIPIN' HOT techno tracks from Carrboro sweetie Nathan Taylor (not to be confused with WXYC Music Director n8 Taylor). His 11 track self-released album, Mainsprings of My Desire, is dark, uptempo, and the perfect way to start off the first weekend of October.

On tonight's New Science Experience, 10pm to midnight, we'll hear a choice mix of off-kilter pop jams from NSE resident DJ HI_MOM and then some screwed up beats and broken electronics from John A.

Tune in for a special Hell or High Water this Sunday from 1 to 2pm to get ready for this Tuesday's Thomas Wolfe Prize and Lecture honoring author (and musician) Clyde Edgerton. The show will feature his album Walking Across Egypt, which is accompanying music to two of his novels.

You can catch On-Air Confessions with DJ Lon this Sunday from 9 to 10 pm, where we'll discuss ~stinky confessions~, debut our new Twitter feed, and put phone calls on air!

And this week's Outside Track, Monday 9 to 10pm, will be the release Sounds & Cries of the World by Jen Shyu. On top of being an esteemed experimental jazz vocalist, composer and multi-instrumentalist, Jen Shyu is also known for the intensive research and fieldwork that goes into her music. Very mindfully composed with a base layer of jazz, this album is the product of Shyu’s travels and studies in East Timor, Korea, Indonesia, and Taiwan.