wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Owner Appreciation Day, Gathering Movie Night and more!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Owner Appreciation Day, Gathering Movie Night and more!!!
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:47:41 -0400

Holy smokes this month is exciting! It is Co-op month after all!

We are gearing up for one of our favorite days of the year! Owner Appreciation Day! This Saturday, the 20th, is your 10% discount day. The discount is available all day long, but, to sweeten the deal, we'll have samples from 12-4 throughout the store! If you've had friends that haven't yet joined Wheatsville, now is the time! They can become an owner this week and get the 10% discount on Saturday if they shop, so let 'em know!

We've got tickets available now for the most awesome Fall Owner Gathering Movie Night!
Here are the details:
Tuesday Oct. 23rd from 6:30-9:30 at the Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar! If you want to attend, you must get your free tickets in advance at the registers NOW! Two free tickets per owner.

The program includes an opportunity to meet the board and board candidates, an expansion/ renovation project update with the architects and contractor and a cool feature length documentary called Independent America.

Independent America follows a reporter couple as they travel across the US using just back roads and only "Mom and Pop" and independent businesses. Check out the trailer and find out more: http://www.independentamerica.net/

In addition to the fun program, all ticket holders will get their choice of some appetizers and a drink. So, make a plan to get your tickets today and come on out to movie night and owner gathering!

Seating is limited, so please plan to get your ticket ASAP!

Still more stuff!
We've got a few cool things happening right now that you can participate in from your computer.
You can vote in the Board of Directors/ Community Action Wednesday/ boycott election that is going on right now! Information about the election and handy-dandy on-line voting is ready now! Http://www.wheatsville.coop/election

If you're an owner of Wheatsville, we want to know what you think about shopping at and participating in your co-op! Please complete our on-line survey http://tinyurl.com/2245x4 You could win one of four $250 gift cards! 275 people have already completed the survey, so thank you!

Proud
I'm still really proud that Wheatsville was chosen as Best Neighborhood Grocery in the Austin Chronicle's Best of Austin Poll. Your co-op staff work very hard each day to make Wheatsville a better and better place to shop, so it's really great to get the acknowledgment! I hope you feel proud of your co-op, too!

I really hope to see you at one of the upcoming events!
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Owner Appreciation Day, Gathering Movie Night and more!!!, Dan Gillotte, 10/17/2007