wheatsville - [Wheatsville] New Produce, Po Boys and more!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] New Produce, Po Boys and more!
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:41:27 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!

I hope that you have had a chance to see our lovely new produce tables. We installed them last week and I hope that you agree that they look great! These are a taste of the kinds of upgrades our newly renovated store will be getting over the coming year. In addition to looking nice, the tables come with a very positive pedigree. They are built by Jefferson State Forest Products in Northern California using wood from responsibly managed forests. I am including more about this great company at the end of the e-mail. Thanks to Mark Macek for designing our old produce table. It served us very well for many, many years!

We are partnering with neighbors New World Bakery and will be featuring their fresh baked breads in the grocery and the deli.

Look for French baguettes ($1.89), rustic baguettes ($1.99), sourdough rounds ($3.39), rosemary rounds ($2.99), pane paisano rounds ($2.99), and ciabatta ($2.99).

Cheese would go really well with this new bread! Check out our new Goat's Milk Camembert and our Boggy Meadow Raw Milk Baby Swiss on a special deal now!

We also have new Sandwiches in the deli made with the same great fresh bread from New World Bakery. These can be made exactly as described, or they can be customized to your specifications. In addition to these sandwiches, you can now have your regular custom sandwiches made with the new ciabatta or french hoagie rolls, too! Wow!

Catfish Po'boy, catfish, chipotle mayo on a french bread hoagie roll.
Popcorn Tofu Po'boy, our own delicious popcorn tofu with cashew tamari dressing on a french bread hoagie roll. (I'm really excited about this one!)
The Italian- Bianco d'oro dry salami, Genoa salami, Maple Ham and provlone cheese on a ciabatta bun with lettuce, tomato, onions, vinegar & oil, and mayo
The Italian Stallion- Fresh Mozzarella, Basil Pesto, Red Bell Pepper with vinegar and oil on a ciabatta bun!

I hope that you enjoy our delicious new sandwiches!

Don't forget to use your Co-op Advantage coupons! They expire on October 31st! If you need more, they are available at the member center!

These are the last few days for September Co-op Advantage flyer deals! (We'll have more in October, but if you have some favorites on sale this month, get 'em while they last!)

Some deals to look for:

Annie's Naturals Organic Dressings for $2.49- Their Goddess dressing is incredible, but their new Woodstock dressing is also out of sight!
Muir Glen Pasta Sauce $2.89
Westbrae Organic Beans 99¢
Knudsen Juice 2 for $5!
Robert's American Snacks (You konw them as Pirate's Booty and Tings) for $1.69!
So Delicious Frozen Dessert quarts for $3.49
Annie's Homegrown Organic Pasta and Cheese is 2 for $3!
Rudy's Organic Bread, selected varieties for $2.69

The locals are on sale, too!
Dr. Kracker for $2.69
Sweet Leaf tea for 99¢

There are a lot of other things on sale, too! These are just a sampling!

I hope that you are having a great week! Read on to learn more about Jefferson State Forest Products.

Hope to see you soon!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

This is from their web-site:

Jefferson State Forest Products is located next to the Trinity Alps in rural Northern California. We are the only secondary wood manufacturing company in Trinity County. Twenty people work in the shop and 5 people in the office of our company, which is physically located at 430 Morgan Hill Rd in the little town of Hayfork.

Jefferson State is committed to the production of quality wood products from responsibly managed forests. Our products reflect the design prowess of our master craftsman Greg Wilson, who has been building furniture for more than 25 years.

Jefferson State uses mainly western hardwoods in our retail fixtures, kitchen accessories, cider presses, and flooring. These include American Ash, Oregon White Oak, Tan Oak, Big Leaf Maple, Myrtlewood, Claro Black Walnut, and Pacific Madrone. We are committed to purchasing our raw material, whenever possible, from small independent sawmills who produce lower volumes of lumber harvested from private lands. We believe that the new forest management ethic that recognizes bio-diversity and overall stewardship responsibility for the forest is more easily achieved by rural land managers and small producers. Material purchased from these sources supports their continued success in responsible forest management as well as supporting the rural communities in which they live.

We are actively involved in several organizations that promote socially responsible use of our natural resources. We are a partner in the Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities Partnership. Sustainable Northwest is co-founder, along with The Watershed Research and Training Center, of The Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities Partnership. If you would like to learn more, please see below. We are also a member of Northwest Wood Products Association. NWPA is an association of secondary wood products manufacturers. They help firms grow and become more profitable through programs in the areas of market development, capitol access and technology and supply development.

  • [Wheatsville] New Produce, Po Boys and more!, Dan Gillotte, 09/27/2006