wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Cool drinks for hot times!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Cool drinks for hot times!
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:43:52 -0500

Hi friends!

I'll get a little news out of the way first... Wheatsville had a small electrical fire in our staff bathroom last week, so we had to be closed for an evening and a morning last week. It was very scary, but your crack co-op staff did an amazing job of handling the emergency and I am very proud of them! No one was hurt and there was minimal damage all things considered. Thanks again to all the staff who helped us get through the tough 24 hours!

Saturday was one of our two busiest days ever! Lots of folks came out to be appreciated for our Member Appreciation Day. I hope that you got to come out and experience it! The next one will be in October.

Now, on to the fun stuff!

Our deli has some excellent cool and refreshing beverages, and I can't seem to stop talking about them! (Maybe that's because it's so dang hot?)
Anyway, if you're looking to quench your thirst, consider one (or more) of the following...

Organic Black Iced Tea, my favorite. I drink two cups a day and enjoy every minute of it. It tastes like tea should without any pretentious "fusion" flavors in it to mess it up!
Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Wheatsville's Iced Coffee
... cold and strong (in a good way) without being bitter.
Lemonade
Thai Iced Coffee
Iced Mate
Iced Homemade Chai
Hibiscus Tea

We've got member coupons in the deli this month and here they are:
25¢ off our organic black and jasmine green tea
50¢ off Thai pasta
50¢ off whole Chicken salad sandwich

Cheese

We've got a new swiss type cheese, Maple Smoked Jarlsberg from Norway, for you to try!
Our new local fresh pasta from Pasta and Company has been going great so far. Check it out if you haven't yet!

Produce
If you haven't been eating the local Tecolote Farms tomatoes, then you're tragically missing out! These tomatoes have been incredible! DON'T MISS THEM!!!!

Frozen
Jeff in frozen is mixing some stuff up and making more room for even better frozen desserts. Look in the coming weeks for some new items in the ice cream freezer.

This is the last weekend for July Co-op Advantage Specials
Co-op Advantage items on sale in July include:
Organic Valley Soy Beverage $2.89
Little Bear Tortilla Chips 2 for $5
Lightlife Veggie Dogs $2.49
Rudi's Organic Hamburger and Hot Dog buns $2.69
Late July Organic Crackers $1.99
Sanfaustino Effervescent Calcium Water $1.89
Stacy's Pita Chips $2.29 (I really like the cinnamon sugar ones, but the plain ones are pretty fine, too!)
Clif Bar and Luna Bars on sale for 99¢!!!
Follow your Heart Vegenaise $2.29 (My favorite mayo.. great with Tofurky slices for a delicious sandwich!)
Nature's Gate Organics Deodorant sticks $3.49 (these have some really nice and unusual scents!)
Shadow Lake Castile Soap $3.99

New in Housewares! I mentioned these last time, but they bear mentioning again...
We heard about this cool lunch box system a while ago thanks to this web-site http://veganlunchbox.blogspot.com/2006/03/my-where-did-you-get-that-lovely-lunch.html And now we sell them at Wheatsville!
For starters, we are carrying the
Laptop Lunch System
Laptop Lunch Bento Box Set
Large Stainless Steel Lunch Jar
Plastic Water Bottle
Large Stainless Steel Drink Bottle
Small Stainless Steel drink bottle

This is a great way to take healthy and delicious homemade food to school or work! Although we love it when you use our deli for lunch, it can be much more cost effective for you to make your own lunch at home! These cool lunch boxes may help you do just that!
Here is a link to the company's web-site http://www.laptoplunches.com

Hope to see you soon!
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Cool drinks for hot times!, Dan Gillotte, 07/26/2006