wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Peaches and other stuff...

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Peaches and other stuff...
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:23:50 -0500

Hi Wheatsville folks!

Just a couple of quick notes about what's happening at your co-op!

Produce!
The Texas Hill Country Peaches have been amazing.
They won't last forever, though. So, GET THEM SOON!!!

The Organic Sweet White Corn has been outstanding, too. Very sweet and tender.

In the Deli!

From our co-op friends at Neighborhood Co-op in Carobondale, IL we are featuring Chicken Garcia, a pineapple teriyaki marinated chicken breast, and Polenta with Goat Cheese, baked polenta circles with chipotle black bean salsa and melted chevre on a bed of spinach.

Our salsa of the month is All Fruit Salsa, smooth blend of mango, peaches, strawberries and organic pears with more than a bit of heat! Dana our deli team head brought it to a 4th of July party and attendees gave it a big thumbs up!

July Co-op Advantage specials are in full swing!

We're really excited to have Clif Bars, Luna Bars and the new Luna Sunrise Bars on sale for the great price of 99¢
Little Bear Organic Tortilla Chips are on sale 2 for $5
Rudi's Organic Hamburger and Hot Dog Buns are on sale for $2.69
Kettle Baked Potato Chips (which are getting a positive staff reaction) for $2.29
Late July Organic Crackers (including yummy peanut butter sandwich crackers) are on sale!
Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastry 2 for $5
Cascadian Farm Cereal $3.49
Stacy's Pita Chips (I Like the cinnamon sugar ones...) $2.29
Refrigerated
Organic Valley Soy Milk (Ellie's favorite!) $2.89
Lightlife Veggie Dogs $2.49... (We've been eating these on Rudi's Whole Wheat Hot Dog buns with sauteed collards and onions! A very delicious upgrade to a standard "hot dog"!)
Follow Your Heart Vegenaise for $2.29 (My favorite non-egg mayonnaise, by far!)
Amy's Enchiladas for $2.99
Also on Co-op Advantage in the Housewares department:

Gaiam's Premium BeneFit Eco-Friendly Mat is made with patented nontoxic materials that are more sensitive to the environment and your health. It's twice as thick as a standard mat, with a cool waffle texture. On sale for $29.99

<x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller>

JPEG image

<x-tad-smaller>
</x-tad-smaller>
We are also proud to present for sale the book Fearless Critic Austin Restaurant Guide: Feisty Local Food Writers Review 360 Places to Eat in and around Austin, Texas
<x-tad-smaller>FROM THE PUBLISHER
</x-tad-smaller>
<x-tad-smaller>The Fearless Critic is Austin's first restaurant guidebook. Our discriminating panel of feisty local food writers rates and reviews more than 375 restaurants in the greater Austin area, including Round Rock, Pflugerville, Dripping Springs, and the Hill Country. With relentless honesty and outspoken good taste, we evaluate every restaurant in a fun, engaging style that gets down to the heart of what's good—and bad—about the place. The book comes complete with numerous sets of cross-referenced lists that help you find the ideal restaurant for every occasion—from taco stands and out-of- the-way BBQ trucks to elaborate New American and prix-fixe temples to French cuisine. The Fearless Critic Austin Restaurant Guide is a must for anyone who eats out in the Austin area—veteran Austinites and newcomers alike.

</x-tad-smaller>
These have been selling well and are available at the registers...

You can still vote for us in the Austin Chronicle Best of Austin ballot (if you're so inclined...) We would be very thankful for a vote in the Best Specialty. Gourmet Grocery category, but you could put us as "best place to go on a date" if you want to! http://www.austinchronicle.com/feedback/bestof/06/ Make sure to vote, but you can only vote once! (This isn't Chicago (or Ohio!)) Deadline is July 10th!

Member Appreciation Day is right around the corner on Saturday July 22nd. We'll be giving out a 10% discount to members all day long. We'll also have yummy samples throughout the store from 12-4! If you have friends that have been talking about joining, but aren't members yet, this is a great time to join! Folks can join (or renew) on the day of Member Appreciation and receive the discount off of their purchases at that time! We hope to see you then!

Our Community Action 1 % Wednesday program group for July is Casa Marianella who provide shelter and services to immigrants in Austin. You can learn more about them at http://casamarianella.org/ We will donate 1% of our sales on Wednesdays in July to this fine organization!

Hope to see you in the store! Have a great weekend!

Dan
Wheatsville Food Co-op GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Peaches and other stuff..., Dan Gillotte, 07/07/2006