wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Third Thursday, Herb Fair and Party!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Third Thursday, Herb Fair and Party!
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:24:51 -0600

Hi Wheatsville!

Thanks to all of you who came out for this past weekend's Member Appreciation Day! We had a record sales day!

March 16th is Wheatsville's actual anniversary date, so take a minute on Thursday to thank all the founders of our great co-op! I would like to thank all of our members and staff from the days of yore who have made Wheatsville possible! Give yourselves a big hug and a round of applause!!!

March 16th is also Third Thursday on Guadalupe!
For Third Thursday tomorrow, March 16, 2006:

We're celebrating St. Patrick's Day a little early with Celtic duo, Brobdingnagian Bards, who will be performing Irish tunes on Celtic instruments in full kilt regalia!

We will also be having children's entertainer, Staci Gray, (a very beloved, local storyteller/musician who performs regulary at Bookpeople's storytimes) telling some Irish tales and singing songs in the Kid Zone!!!

The deli will be sampling an assortment of Yogi teas including "green tea" for St. Patrick's day and other treats.

So, come and see us Thursday night from 6-9!

Saturday March 18th is our Annual Herb Fair in the back parking lot from 10-5
We'll have growers from all over Central Texas selling their starter plants and herb-y products as well as artists and other craftspeople!
Guest speakers include Angie Smith and Pat Freeman discussing Designs and Arrangements with Roses, Glenn Schroeter teaching about Techniques for rooting roses from cuttings, and Ellen Zimmerman answering the question, "Are Roses Herbs?" Speakers begin at 10:45... for more details go to http://www.wheatsville.coop

We'll have live music in the morning and afternoon and face-painting all day long!

The Herb Fair is a very popular event, so if you are planning on attending, you may want to consider parking in the neighborhoods east and west of Wheatsville. There tends to be spaces and it's a short walk to Wheatsville.

Sunday March 26th is our big 30th Birthday Bash at the Howson Hall at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 4700 Grover from 5-10:30pm
.

Live music from Herb Pharm and Heybale, silent auction with lots of cool items including a stay at the amazing Habitat Suites, slide show of the history of Wheatsville, a huge 6 course meal with lots of great food from local vendors like Kala's cuisine, Aster's Ethiopian, White Mountain Foods, Austin Spice Company, Buddy's Chicken, Butters Brownies and more! Mr. Smarty Pants and friend will also be around for balloon twisting and face painting fun!

This incredible party is FREE for members, but you must RSVP so that we are sure to have enough food for everyone. You may do so here http://wheatsville.coop/rsvp.htm

We hope to see you at some of these great events!

Next Board Meeting (All members welcome to all board meetings!)

Thursday, Thursday, January 12th, 2006
6:00 to about 8:45 pm
Episcopal Seminary -- Room 214
Room 214 is on the second floor of the Middle Building of classrooms. The building is southeast from the parking lot over a hill on the east side of campus and directly south of the Weeks Center. Go past the bookstore, seminar room and elevator and up one flight of stairs to the second level. Turn left at the top of the stairs or elevator exit. Enter the second classroom door on your left.

Look for our cool new 30th Anniversary Wheatsville tee shirts in the store!

Dan
Wheatsville Co-op (super proud!) GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Third Thursday, Herb Fair and Party!, Dan Gillotte, 03/15/2006