wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Citrus, Super snacks and more!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Citrus, Super snacks and more!
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:13:11 -0600

Hello Wheatsville!

Winter is the time of year for eating citrus, and if you're not eating your share, you're really missing out! We're especially impressed with the delicious Cara Cara Oranges that are available this weekend. Sweet and tart with a lovely orange-red flesh! (I'm eating one now!)

Other citrus of note that we're offering:
From right here in Texas, we're pleased to present Organic Valencia Oranges and Organic Rio Star Grapefruits. We've also got Texas Meyer Lemons for a limited time. These lemons are mellower than the typical lemon with a delicious zest!

We've got bagged navels on special 4 pounds for $3.
The Satsumas are also quite good, so check them out.

Feel free to ask a produce clerk if you want a taste before buying!

Goodflow's most delicious juice of the year (in my opinion) is flowing right now! Check out their Tangerine juice, it is not to be missed!

Ready for some football?!?! (Frankly, we're mixed on it here in staff, but we know that a lot of people enjoy the Big Game, so we're going to facilitate some yummy eats for all of the football fans out there!)

Produce is gearing up for the Superbowl this year with a deal on Organic Avocadoes and recipes for Guacamole. This will be available by mid-week next week. If you're planning a Super Bowl soiree, think of us for your snacking! Fresh salsa is a possibility, too with Local Organic Tomatoes from P2 Organic!

The deli will have a lot of cool stuff out for the Super Bowl, too! Fresh Guacamole and two of the best Salsas of the Month will be available for next weekend! The salsa champs of the past year were Roasted Tomato and Sweet Mango Fire. We'll be unveiling the 1st round draft pick for next year, February's Salsa of the Month TBA! Also, look for natural hot chicken wings with a blue cheese dip and other munchables!

The deli has some other good stuff going on, too!

Check out their soups to go in the deli self-service case. These are soups in larger containers that you can take home and heat and eat! Great for a quick opener or for dinner! Right now, we've got the extremely beloved African Peanut Soup!

Look for lovely baked goods in time for Valentine's Day starting around the 10th of February.

We've got new Monterey Pasta Company Fresh Tortelloni available in the cheese case. Two varieties right now, Spinach Mushroom and Rainbow Five Cheese.

Look at our Co-op Advantage Specials on line at http://www.wheatsville.coop/pop_CAP%20specials.html

Thanks to everyone who shopped last week! We had our best sales week ever!

We look forward to seeing you in the store!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Citrus, Super snacks and more!, Dan Gillotte, 01/27/2006