wheatsville - [Wheatsville] End of the month and other stuff

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] End of the month and other stuff
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 16:24:22 -0500

Hello Wheatsville friends!

April is almost over, believe it or not! I am surprised at how quickly the month flew by. Things are really hopping at the co-op as we are in our busiest time of year right now. Thanks to all of your support, we are having continuing record-breaking sales that are just amazing! We appreciate your patronage and we appreciate that you spread the word about Austin’s Community Grocery to your friends and co-workers!

Co-op Advantage Specials for April are ending on Saturday, so if there are ant especially good deals that you’ve been enjoying this month, you should come in before the end of the month and stock up!
Here are just a few of the deals we have in store for you:

Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes- $1.69 28 oz, selected varieties. This deal blows me away! Excellent organic tomatoes at an amazing price, more than a dollar off regular retail!
Organic Silk Soymilk, shelf stable variety 2 for $3!
Enriched Soy Dream in the 64 oz size for $2.89
Drew’s All Natural Dressing and Marinade, 12 oz selected varieties $1.99
Lightlife Smart Deli Slices $1.89
Little Bear Organic Refried Beans for $1.19
Kettle Potato Chips in the new 9 oz size for $2.29
Double Rainbow Soy Cream $2.29
Nate’s Meatless Meatballs $3.49
Endangered Species Chocolate Bars, $1.79
Organic Rice Cakes $1.89
Avalon Organics Shampoo for $5.49
Bulk Items on sale
Organic Brown Rice 89¢/lb
Organic Unrefined Cane Sugar $1.19/lb

We’ll have new Co-op Advantage deals in May, but if you want some of these great deals, you have to come here before the end of April!

As you break out your May calendars, please pencil us in for our May 22nd Member Gathering here at the co-op from 1-4. I will be giving tours of the backstore and office, we’ll have free food samples and all attendees will get a discount coupon. The board will be there to hear your great ideas and get feedback on our expansion. I’ll remind you about this more as we get closer, but this is your first heads-up!

Tid Bits

We still have starter plants, if you haven’t started your garden yet. We just planted some basil last week!
Look for our deli’s delicious salad dressings now available to take home in the self serve case.
Our cornbread is now made with organic cornmeal!
We’ve begun featuring Organic Prairie’s Organic Fresh Pork in our meat case. This is the first certified organic pork that we have had and out meat guy, Bryan, is very pleased with it. Organic Prairie is the meat brand of Organic Valley, our co-op friends from the Midwest.
Speaking of Organic valley, some dairy farmers in Texas have joined the co-op and have begun to offer certified organic milk from Texas. We don’t yet have a steady supply, but look for the Organic Valley with the red label that says, “Texas Pastures” and you’ll know that you’re helping out a fellow Texan and their family farm. When we have a steady supply, we’ll let you all know!
See you at the co-op!
Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

Wheatsville Co-op winner Best of Austin Best Specialty/ Gourmet Grocery and Best Place to be a Faux Vegetarian!

  • [Wheatsville] End of the month and other stuff, dan gillotte, 04/27/2005