wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Appreciating You! This Saturday (and everyday!)

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Appreciating You! This Saturday (and everyday!)
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:35:51 -0600

Hi friends,

March 16th was Wheatsville's 29th birthday! That's 29 years of food and fun at the co-op. I thank our founders for creating such a great place and I thank you for your support throughout the years. We couldn't do it without you!

This Saturday is our next Member Appreciation Day when all members receive a 10% discount off of all your purchases for the entire day. We will also be sampling out all kinds of goodies from 12-4. If you've got a friend that is on the fence about joining Wheatsville, now id the perfect time for them to join. If they join anytime from now through Saturday, they can get the immediate Member Appreciation day benefit on Saturday. I hope to see you there!

Great Co-op Advantage Specials roll on...

Cascadian Farm Organic Frozen Fruit, selected varieties just $2.79 (Great for smoothies or in your pancakes or muffins!)
Dr. Bronner's Organic Peppermint Soap just $8.49 for the 32 oz. size. (All one or none! Dilute!)
Rudi's Organic Bread, selected varieties $2.69. This bread is tasty and organic. Try it out.
Natural Brew Soda is on sale for $2.89/ 4 pack. I like their root beer.
Earth Balance Buttery Spread for $2.49. A great tasting non- trans fat margarine!
Health Valley Crunch-Ems 2 for $5 in rice and corn varieties. A hearty and tasty cereal.
Gardenburger Veggie burgers are on sale for $3.69. Time for grillin'!
Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner, selected varieties are on sale for $3.69.

There are many more specials, this is just the tip of the iceberg!

Last week I e-mailed you to remember us when the new Whole Foods opened. Well, you have! We've had two of our best weeks ever since they opened which is great news! Thanks!

Many people expressed concern over a Statesman article about the loss of a certain Austin vine with the new Whole Foods. Alamo, and Half-Price books. Our board president, Bob Kinney responded to the article in a letter to the editor printed on Sunday. Here it is...

"While pointing out the new cosmopolitan glitz to some Austin traditions
(Statesman - Old Austin Goes Cosmopolitan - March 15), writer Brad
Buchholz neglected to stop by one of Austin's long-time legends -
Wheatsville Food Co-op at 3101 Guadalupe.
Nearing our thirtieth birthday, the co-op (where all are welcome
to shop) has maintained its Austin vibe roots while sprucing up the
store and smashing sales records in the past year.
Our deli's popcorn tofu is a worthy match to the Armadillo
nachos and there's a parking space close to the front door for you.
Bob Kinney
President, Wheatsville Board of Directors"

Thanks Bob and thanks to all of you!

See you soon!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Appreciating You! This Saturday (and everyday!), dan gillotte, 03/21/2005