v2k-announce - [V2k-announce] DJ Marco - Federal Thursday / Red Room Sunday

v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: DJ Marco <djmarco AT solidsoundsystem.com>
  • To: UNC Campus Events <i-table2001 AT listserv.unc.edu>, "Ch-Scene Alt.Music.Chapel-Hill" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Skorch List <skorch AT skorch.com>, V2K <v2k-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org>, NCSU South Asia Events List <southasiaevents-owner AT lists.ncsu.edu>
  • Subject: [V2k-announce] DJ Marco - Federal Thursday / Red Room Sunday
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:41:08 -0400

We've got some great music in the clubs this weekend but we want to let you
know about our man Jason Perlmutter's great new website dedicated to classic
soul from the Carolinas at http://www.carolinasoul.org/ Check it out for the
most comprehensive listing of Carolina Soul ANYWHERE!!!

Thursday, September 15 :: 10pm-2am
FEDERAL SOUL at FEDERAL
FREE ADMISSION!

DJ Marco provides the soulful soundtrack in Durham with strictly vinyl
selections of r'n'b, jazz, funk, soul, and reggae from the 60s-70s. Here's
some recent Marco acquisitions you can expect to hear this week:

The Lovelites: This Love Is Real
Lee Dorsey: Get Out Of My Life, Woman
Johnny Jungletree: Old New Orleans
Four Below Zero: My Baby's Got ESP

And don't let us catch you forgetting about the $1.50 PBRs!

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/
http://www.thefederal.net/
914 W. Main St. :: Durham, NC 27701 :: USA :: 919.680.8611

Sunday, September 18 - 8pm-12pm
SUNDAYS at RED ROOM
FREE ADMISSION!

DJ Marco gets mellow in the Red Room on Sunday spinning strictly vinyl soul,
rock, disco, jazz, postpunk funk and more from the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and
today. Admission is free and the music starts early. Enjoy Red Room's
delicious menu of gourmet tapas and make this your first stop before hitting
Castro & Chico's Neu Romance party at Kings from 10pm-2am!

http://www.solidsoundsystem.com/
http://www.redroomraleigh.com/
510 Glenwood South :: Raleigh, NC :: USA :: 919.835.1322

HEAR GREAT 60s-70s SOUL AND MORE ON LIVE 365
REAL NITTY GRITTY RADIO with tunes handpicked by
Midnite Cowbwoy, Agent 45, Tony The Tyger and Carlos P.!
http://www.live365.com/stations/supermod67

  • [V2k-announce] DJ Marco - Federal Thursday / Red Room Sunday, DJ Marco, 09/14/2005