unclug - [unclug] FW: Linux Quick Fix eBook

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "Kraus, Robert E" <robert_kraus AT unc.edu>
  • To: "unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] FW: Linux Quick Fix eBook
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 16:21:20 +0000

All,

I got a copy of this (it is in a pdf format) and it looks pretty comprehensive. I don't know if you have to be signed up with Ziff Davis or not (as I am) to download it. In any event, I feel sure that I could share my copy with a few of you without breaking too many laws, you think?

This is my first post to this group. Hope it is appropriate.

Robert Kraus, Web Services Admin

FPG Child Development Institute

robert_kraus AT unc.edu

phone: 919.962.7310

From: ZD Partner Resources [mailto:ZiffDavisB2B AT updates.ziffdavismail.com]

Request your Complimentary eBook

Linux® Quick Fix Notebook- Free 696 Page eBook

An indispensable ebook for every Linux administrator!

Instant access to precise, step-by-step solutions for every essential Linux administration task from basic configuration and troubleshooting to advanced security and optimization.

This book's handy Q&A format gives you instant access to specific answers, without ever forcing you to wade through theory or jargon. Peter Harrison addresses virtually every aspect of Linux administration, from software installation to security, user management to Internet services--even advanced topics such as software RAID and centralized LDAP authentication. Harrison's proven command-line examples work quickly and efficiently, no matter what Linux distribution you're using. Here's just some of what you'll learn how to do:

  • Build Linux file/print servers and networks from scratch
  • Troubleshoot Linux and interpret system error messages
  • Control every step of the boot process
  • Create, manage, secure, and track user accounts
  • Install, configure, and test Linux-based wireless networks
  • Protect your network with Linux iptables firewalls
  • Set up Web, email, DNS, DHCP, and FTP servers
  • And much more...

By Peter Harrison. Published by Prentice Hall. Part of the Bruce Perens' Open Source Series.

Ziff Davis, Inc. | 100 California Street, 4th Floor | San Francisco, California 94111 | ziffdavis.com
Copyright 2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. | All rights reserved

Request ebook now: http://online.updates.ziffdavismail.com/t/433325/16536725/17832/7/

  • [unclug] FW: Linux Quick Fix eBook, Kraus, Robert E, 04/16/2013