unclug - Re: [unclug] Two LUG meeting times this Thursday the 18th: 11am and 4:30pm at the UL

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Palmer, Cristóbal <cmpalmer AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com>
  • Cc: "unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] Two LUG meeting times this Thursday the 18th: 11am and 4:30pm at the UL
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:13:35 +0000

On Apr 15, 2013, at 12:06 PM, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche AT pobox.com> wrote:

> vegan, but ... how is this funded?

It's not. I've got one person who has offered to cover one meal, and I'll
cover the other. Until we get enough students on board and have a student
organization, we can't actually handle money except informally. Eg. somebody
pays for lunch because they can and would like to.

This sort of organizational worth is something I thought we could cover
briefly in person.

Relatedly, I have a work-based social network of sorts, but do not have
significant contact with students these days. Would folks with department
contacts please pass the meeting announcement along to interested students
who might not be on this list or CTC? Grad students, undergrads… doesn't
matter. I suppose I should also cook up some flyers.

Cheers,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
Systems Administrator with Open Systems