unclug - [unclug] Two LUG meeting times this Thursday the 18th: 11am and 4:30pm at the UL

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Palmer, Cristóbal <cmpalmer AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org" <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>, LSRV_ctc.con <ctc AT listserv.unc.edu>
  • Subject: [unclug] Two LUG meeting times this Thursday the 18th: 11am and 4:30pm at the UL
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:06:53 +0000

One final cross-posting now that the meeting is scheduled.

CTC folks, if you're interested in Linux this is my last pitch (for awhile,
anyway) to get you to sign up:

Or you can send me email off-list and I'll sign you up.

Poll responses were distinctly bimodal, so we're going to have two in-person
meetings on the 18th with roughly the same content. They are:

Where: Room 14 (basement, "Margaritaville") of the UL (Undergraduate
Library). If you've never been there, the UL is between Wilson Library and
the Daniels (Student Stores) Building, and the entrance is opposite South
Road.

When (two times!):
* 11am to 12pm (1 hour)
* 4:30pm to 5:30pm (1 hour)

What: Talking about security of Linux hosts, whether desktop or Server.
What else: Food. Please ping me off-list if you have any special food
requirements (eg. vegan, gluten free, kosher, halal, etc.)

Cheers and see you Thursday,
--
Cristóbal Palmer
Systems Administrator with Open Systems