unclug - [unclug] crisis averted

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: "Douglas A. Whitfield" <whitdoug AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [unclug] crisis averted
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 23:25:31 -0400

Ok, our original guy is back online, with a little help from myself.  Sorry for the false alarm.

Since I'm mailing though, if anybody wants to write a letter to the editor mentioning the lack of Linux support at the ITRC (or something else), nows a good time to do it with Software Freedom Day coming up.

I'll also mention we're tentatively planning a Games4Fun on October 3rd after ITS' Games4Learning in synergy with the event (with good graces of the Games4Learning head, in fact), not as a reaction to the event.  If anybody has good ideas for Linux games we could showcase (ones that are mildly educational is even better, but not required) or wants to do a short demo of gaming under Wine or something, let me know.

Again, my apologies if anyone was excited about getting their name in the paper. :)

Douglas A. Whitfield

Carolina Open Source Initiative Co-President
http://www.ibiblio.org/cosi
Group SFD site: http://tinyurl.com/2qmreb
Cell: 919-360-0306

Software Freedom Day
Friday, September 14th
UNC Student Union, Great Hall

  • [unclug] crisis averted, Douglas A. Whitfield, 09/10/2007