unclug - Re: [unclug] growing the LUG

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: dsandif <dsandif AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] growing the LUG
  • Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 09:31:30 -0400

I knew there were people on this list not speaking up. Good to know that you guys DO still exist. As I said before Cris, I'm in and I can also be a sponsor as well. I just got a green light from my Dept. Chair to use one of two lecture rooms here in Mitchell Hall here after hours. Rooms 05' or 09 are your classic class lecture rooms with over head projectors and auto-drop down screens with a seating capacity of 20 for 09 and 40+ for 05. My only request is that we maybe look at any day except Wensday evenings for meetings, outside of that, it's wide open for unclug stuff. Let me know.

Darrell-

"Hi Jeff!, good to see\hear from you. Really glad your still around. :-)

Jeff Bollinger wrote:

Douglas Brown wrote:

There are exactly 100 subscribers to this list, but I'm not about to do anything silly like name names. How much private interest have you gotten? I'm in. Happy May Day comrades!

Brian Payst wrote:

I will sponsor it if there is sufficient interest. I am a staff member and I've got a significant interest
in Linux on campus.

Brian

On that note, are we sure we aren't subverting American innovation by using Linux:

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006/04/linux-european-threat-to-our-computers.html

;) j/k

Jeff (lurking list admin)