unclug - [unclug] ACK! Spam!

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cristobal M Palmer <cmpalmer AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] ACK! Spam!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:09:18 -0500 (EST)

I've gotten used to using the isis-based Pine program for my UNC-CH email
account, but recently I've started getting a lot more spam.

UNC has server-side filtering, but I can't figure out if there's a
user .config that I could use to train Pine to recognize junk. I know
there's a 'rules' option menu, but that looks like a lot of work.

If that'd just be too much of a hassle, can anyone recommend a
**lightweight** email client with Bayesian filtering?

I want to hit a 'delete as junk' button and not have to see the same
message again.

Sick of hearing about NEW!!1 weight-|oss pi1ls...

.--.
|o_o |
||_/ |
Peace, // \ \