unclug - [unclug] Re: safari-view?

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Cristobal M Palmer <cmpalmer AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [unclug] Re: safari-view?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 00:21:39 -0500 (EST)

Thought I'd throw this in for posterity:

I just managed to get online via UNC-1 (a network that requires WEP).

Turns out all I had to do was edit /etc/network/interfaces and add the two
lines (with the key in the format noted):

wireless-essid UNC-1
wireless-key xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Why couldn't I do this with ifconfig or iwconfig? I have no clue. But
after I added those two lines, everything worked flawlessly.

I had also tried editing /etc/wlan/wlan.conf (a file that has all sorts of
toggles for WEP settings, along with helpful comments).

That did nothing, BTW.

Is there a moral here?

.--.
|o_o |