typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Brooklyn post-No Wave band looking for singer . . .

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Weasel Walter <weaselw AT juno.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Brooklyn post-No Wave band looking for singer . . .
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 12:54:51 -0500

my band, Cellular Chaos, is looking for a vocalist who lives in new york city somewhere, wants to practice once a week and play shows.

the group plays aggressive but non-jock, weird music that draws on no wave, surrealism and free jazz as primary influences. sort of red transistor/dna/teenage jesus with albert ayler/keiji haino tendencies mixed in or something like that.  it might change.

we're more interested in personality and attitude than technical ability or chops.
we don't necessarily want somebody just screaming their brains out: actual singing (or some sort) is a big plus.
we think the words should be important. we're more interested in feminine perspectives than masculine perspectives.

a clip from our previous show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8de5bd5o1E

thanks,

ww

  • [TypicalGirls] Brooklyn post-No Wave band looking for singer . . ., Weasel Walter, 02/25/2011