typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] The History of No Wave and New York Post Punk By Thurston Moore & Byron Coley

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The History of No Wave and New York Post Punk By Thurston Moore & Byron Coley
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 16:54:22 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
> David Bowie weighs in with "Moore and Coley wade into the
> mire that was No Wave and pull all kinds of order into it,
> if that could be possible. I've never been part of a
> scene, though if I were I might have opted for this one."

ha! I love Bowie, but they never would've had him. Hell, Eno wasn't even cool
enough to hang with most of them!

Been revisiting the No Wave stuff as I'm finally reading Marc Master's book,
and checking out "No Wave Week" over at Warped Reality:

http://warpedrealitymagazine.com/

Not sure if I could/would be able to make it to the Teenage Jesus show, but
they've announced the opening band, Information, one of those lost No Wave
bands who appeared on Tape #1. That definitely sweetens the pot a bit.

Oneida at the kitchen the same night though. (they're also playing Saturday
but can't make that).

-dan

http://www.acuterecords.com/blog