typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Mo-Dettes

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Alan Korn <aakorn AT igc.org>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Mo-Dettes
  • Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:40:01 -0800

I second that emotion. Universal is probably the most dysfunctional of the majors when it comes to licensing catalogue. Unfortunately.

- Alan

At 09:31 AM 4/9/2008, Daniel Selzer wrote:

In my (limited) experience, Universal's demands for licensing are pretty tough for smaller labels to handle, which is a shame because they're lots of great stuff in those vaults (which include Island Records).

dan
Acute Records