typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Bands in the vein of YMG and Antena?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Raven Baker" <softgraffiti AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Bands in the vein of YMG and Antena?
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 16:22:18 -0400

I will def check out Amos & Sara as I dig The Homosexuals. Which
reminds me, I have an interview with Bruno from the band's U.S. tour a
couple years ago. It's pretty long and amazing, but I've never done
anything with it. If people are interested, I'll transcribe it one of
these days and post it up...

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I will be checking out the groups
you all mentioned.

Peace
Raven

Amos and Sara! They are somehow related to The
Homosexuals (who are not typical girls, but are
great-you should get their CD for sure if you don't
have it) I am not sure what is available by them but
they make great awkward arty keyboard girl punk/wave.
I am sure there are others I am drawing a blank right
now. Bear in mind they don't sound like YMG at all,
not many do.