typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Punk: Attitude (film)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Punk: Attitude (film)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:23:58 -0400

I think Don filmed more material than he used and maybe there's a possibilty
he planned or plans to
do a more a comprehensive take on the topic at some point.

F'r'instance, I was there when he did his Ari interview and Patti Paladin was
in right afterwards. She's not
in the movie I think.

joly

At 11:01 AM 6/19/2007, you wrote:
>I don't recall this being mentioned before. On disc 2 of the DVD version of
>the Don Letts' film "Punk: Attitude," there's a brief segment entitled
>"Women in Punk." It had Poly Styrene, Arri Up, Siouxsie, Alice Bag, among
>others talking about gender and punk.
>
>I borrowed my copy of this film from the Denver Public Library. I've seen
>the DVD available for purchase.
>
>Worth watching.
>
>-Dina

WWWhatsup NYC