typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Punk: Attitude (film)

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Dina Hornreich" <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Punk: Attitude (film)
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 09:01:54 -0600

I don't recall this being mentioned before. On disc 2 of the DVD version of the Don Letts' film "Punk: Attitude," there's a brief segment entitled "Women in Punk." It had Poly Styrene, Arri Up, Siouxsie, Alice Bag, among others talking about gender and punk.

I borrowed my copy of this film from the Denver Public Library. I've seen the DVD available for purchase.

Worth watching.

-Dina