typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] ya gotta have...heart

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: dpbailey AT att.net
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] ya gotta have...heart
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:11:03 +0000

Nothing against Heart, & certainly nothing against the listmember who suggested them, but I think you *can* in good conscience exclude them.

Take a look at the description of this place -- "Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music." What word in that quote, other than "women," applies to the Wilson sisters? None, I'd say. That happens *not* to be the case with Patti Smith or Deborah Harry.

Just my opinion, of course.

Dan non-Seltzer

 So, I guess if Patti Smith and Blondie are being included I can't in good conscience exclude Heart, can I?