typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] the "real" punks

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Smurf <ziggysmurfdust AT pandora.be>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] the "real" punks
  • Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:10:24 +0200

What I was talking about was the "1 2 3 4" "chunka chunka" singalong variety of punk as opposed to the inteligent ones more often discussd on this list ;)

Vice Squad - The Very Best Of Vice Squad (Anagram CDPUNK116) comprises their whole carreer, with both vocalists Bekki and Lia

Violators - The No Future Years (Captain Oi) With the No Future antems Gangland and Summer Of 81, with boy/girl lead vocals

Action Pact - The Punk Singles Collection (Captain Oi) From no brain singalong pogopunk (London Bouncers) to more thought through goth/post punk

Skeletal Family - Burning Oil & Bonus Tracks (Anagram cdmgoth02) Their debut album, girls can sing in gothic bands too, it doesn't have to be all malecentric like The (Southern Death) Cult or Sisters Of Mercy and proof that it didn't start with Nightwish or Within Temptation ;)

Also The Adverts should be included since they had Gaye Advert on bass, an icon that would influence dozens of female bassplayers in the future if you ask me ;)
The Adverts - Anthology (The Original One Chord Wonders) (Devil's Jukebox) 2CD with singles, demos and live material spanning their two year and two album carreer

All CDs are available through Amazon.co.uk

And not forget B52s as someone mentioned ;)