typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] ha!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "aMy leigh" <therealamyleigh AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] ha!
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 16:24:22 -0600

its funny that i was listening to the runaways as i was reading/replying to the digests as they hit my inbox and i didnt even think to add them to the list.

(or blondie for that matter. good call dina!)

and hey, what about the B52's?

re: content and age issues -- from my experience working with kids aged 8-15 in an online setting, the slits and/or the au pairs would not be considered 'shocking' at all to kids these days. (oy..)

i also second the suggestion of adding Vice Squad and The Dance to the list. (links for both bands below)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_Squad

http://www.myspace.com/thedancenyc
http://waxidermy.com/2006/02/22/the-dance-soul-force/
http://waxidermy.com/2006/04/18/the-dance-dance-for-your-dinner/