typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Age thing

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Tim Murphy" <timmy.bear AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Age thing
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 17:56:23 -0400

Now, maybe this is just me as a boy and all, but I don't recall ever
vetting my music/reading choices by my parents as a child (mind you, I
never bought any records until 1980, and my books were from the
library...). I guess it would have just not occurred to me that my
parents would even be INTERESTED. Mind you, I also, then and now, am
of the view that the police and Customs (in Canada, such a nice
country, our Customs still seems to think it's above the law and has
to constantly be reminded that, when a Court says it can't seize a
given book, it CAN'T SEIZE IT...) and Homeland Insecurity don't get a
say in what I read or listen to either... ;)

As to the poison girls, there is a box set of their material out there
on Cooking Vinyl.

  • [TypicalGirls] Age thing, Tim Murphy, 06/03/2007