typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] age appropriateness?

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: robin dunn <rdunnrn AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] age appropriateness?
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 07:57:40 -0700 (PDT)

i don't think "come again" is any worse than a lot of
what's played on radio these days -- i wouldn't worry
about it (this coming from the mother of a 15-year old
girl, so). and i'd let the slits in, but then i
really dig the slits! i can see keeping crass out --
offensive on so many levels, and of course i can't
forget the cover album of the blow-up doll...

i have a friend who is organizing the first rock camp
for girls here in austin this summer, and we have been
having this same discussion, also as relates to
age-appropriateness ("cherry bomb" is out, sorry!).

--- Dina Hornreich <dina.hornreich AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I just realized that our camper audience may not be
> able to ask mom and dad for some of our
> "must-haves." Their ages are 12 to 15 (according to

<http://mail.cfsnc.org/~summer/ages9to13.htm#ncrockandrollcamp>).

Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel
and lay it on us. http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7