typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] an update from the list moderator
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:29:06 -0700 (PDT)

--- Aileen Brophy <abrophy AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm curious about the title- does the term "heebie
> jeebies" have some
> kind of connection to Judaism? Am i missing
> something?

It's an obscure kabbalah reference.

Or a mixture of the classic anti-semetic slur "heeb"
with the classic punk-rock club "CB-GBs", thus
"heebie-jeebies".

For the record...I was supposed to be in the Heeb 100,
Heeb magazine's list of young jewish movers and
shakers, but the photographer they sent to take my
picture somehow ruined the role of film and couldn't
reschedule in time. And to think I was so excited I'd
finally have something to impress my father.

Michael Goodstein did make it in, though.

always the bridesmaid, never the bride,

dan selzer
http://www.acuterecords.com