typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] bust

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Mairead Case" <mairead.case AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] bust
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 08:29:32 -0600

Hey, thanks!

I was really appreciative of BUST for wanting to run the article in
the first place, but --& as Lani says-- some of their feminism is
pretty different than my own. Karen was much tougher and sweeter than
the final article shows.

Relatedly, have you guys seen the Light in the Attic back catalogue?
Besides the Karen Dalton re-release, they're planning a Betty Mabry
Davis reissue, which is also rad, also Typical.

http://www.lightintheattic.net/releases.php.

!! M.