typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Boston Slits show/Mo-dettes/Thank you.../Nightingales

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "John Caples" <jcaples AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Boston Slits show/Mo-dettes/Thank you.../Nightingales
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 19:20:07 -0500

Didn't go to the Slits show at Great Scott, but the review in the Boston Phoenix was brutal...mentions some of the things Lani said...but all in all, reviewer seemed put out by the lack of older Slits material and abundance of dancehall/dub...maybe that's his fault for not knowing what to expect.  Lani, what do you think?

Has Mo-dettes' The Story So Far... ever made it to CD?  I have heard a version and it doesn't sound like it was taken from the vinyl...maybe it needed some remastering, but it was very clean.

Thank you Shirley for the YouTube Monks/Raincoats clip.

Y'all should check out Gina Birch's duet with Robert Lloyd on the new Nightingales CD Out Of True...which now has US phsyical distro through Darla and is on all the digital networks (iTunes, etc.).  Trying to help them with a national mini tour in 2007, or just book a local show.  Anyone with any solid help on a national booker, please send me an e-mail.  I have my leads, but always need new perspectives...