typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Rip It Up

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Layla Gibbon <lpgibbon AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>, "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Rip It Up
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:59:40 -0800 (PST)

Sharon,

this made me think of the fact that I am working on a
film fest with V Vale to show all this crazy footage
he has of old SF punk bands that he showed in the UK
when i was younger.
Also i do a lot fo stuff for maximum rock n roll now,
and am working on making the magazine more
interesting, i am trying to do a feature on women's
punk history, am going to interview gina birch
hopefully kira roessler and hopefully you? i know a
lot of people have issues with MRR, bc of how lame it
was in the 90s, but i would love to do this... just to
make it less 'dudes that only wear black and listen to
discharge'
modern reveries are going on tour soon, so psyched! i
want to do a shady ladies tour this summer too, we
should play together.
Layla

--- Decomposition <decomposition AT mindspring.com>