typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Messthetics Greatest Hits in the Guardian

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: dpbailey AT att.net
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Messthetics Greatest Hits in the Guardian
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 01:27:11 +0000

geez ... really didn't expect to come across anyone i recognized in that (very nicely done) piece, but damn if i didn't -- had no idea martin "protag" neish was half of the instant automatons. i "knew" him (purely by email, natch) as the bassist for the excellent folkish-anarcho band blyth power (zounds/mob offshoots-of-sorts) in the mid-'90s; he sent me a couple of their cds from the uk purely out of extreme coolness.

dan

-------------- Original message from Chuck Warner <chuck AT hyped2death.com>: --------------