typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] the petticoats

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Calvin Johnson" <k AT krecs.com>
  • To: "typical girls list" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] the petticoats
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:33:00 -0700

hello
There was a band in England called the Petticoats, a one-person band, a woman named Stephanie, c. 1979-81
There is a self releasesed 45 "Normal" / "See for Miles" and a couple songs on a 12" compilation EP called Scaling Triangles
Dunt know how to reach Stephanie (though David Lester of Mecca Normal once shared a squat with her...but the anarchic nature of the music leads one to believe she would feel fine about the name going to good use

Calvin