typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Lucrate Milk

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Ceci Moss <ceci_moss AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>, typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Lucrate Milk
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:58:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Sharon & other Typical Girls-
How are you? Sorry I didn't respond to your email
right away, I try to avoid computers during the
weekend.
Lucrate Milk were a band from Paris containing members
of BĂ©rurier noir. They began in 1979 and disbanded, I
believe, in 1983. They put out releases on V.I.S.A.
and Bondage- I actually was in discussion with
V.I.S.A. about possibly doing a show on the label-
because I really like their compilation "V.I.S.A.
Presente" which has a track by Lucrate Milk as well as
K.U.K.L. (bjork's old band), Die Bunker, MKB (who did
a split with Lucrate Milk), and A.R.T.

Discography:
http://euthanasie.propagande.org/discographie/Zgroupe-L/Lucratemilk.htm

Fairly accurate description:
http://agonyshorthand.blogspot.com/2005/02/lucrate-milk-france-1981-cd-r_23.html

I discovered them a mere month or so ago, when someone
played them at a party. I'm decided to do a show about
them in order to find out more about the band-
apparently they're working on a DVD with videos and
interviews. I hardly know anything except their
releases- so if anyone knows of links, email
addresses, whathaveyou, please send them my way.

--- Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>