typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Emily Arkin <viole_falushe AT yahoo.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF
  • Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 12:14:19 -0700 (PDT)

Have you ever noticed how accordiony the violin sound is in
"The Void"? Sometimes i think it's a violin doubled by an
accordion (which sounds great, btw). And god I love that
song. It's been on heavy repeat for the past few weeks.

I've just started playing rock violin more lately and so
far I've just played into a mic on a stand, but I have a
little dime-sized pickup that sticks to the bridge that I
think I will try next. I will report back on how Raincoat-y
it sounds!

Emily

http://emilyarkin.com * the-operators.com * magpie-store.com