typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "m. d." <pepitaforever AT yahoo.es>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Raincoats / Solex / LF
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 20:25:15 +0200 (CEST)

hello,
a friend who plays violin want to know how could she
get "the Raincoats's violin noisy sound" on her
instrument?. Does anybody know?. Did Vicki Aspinall
use any special thing for that?.

Talking about noise, and what it seems to be the main
topic of the few times i have writen to this list, i
would like to recomend the recently released LP by
spanish band Solex. They are from Madrid and not to be
confused with the woman from Holland who use the same
name.
It's their first album, and they have been ten years
playing together, so this is something to celebrate.
They promo say they are like "The Shaggs covering
Pussy Galore and Raymond Scott -on LSD- doing the
colour mix" if that give you an idea...They are crazy
and great. Three guitars and a trumpet.
If you are curious, check:

http://www.arte-acaro.com/htmls_musica_acara/solex.html

Also they will be playing a Ladyfest benefit tomorrow.
We are having a Ladyfest in Spain at the end of
october, and if you think you'll be around that time,
check:
http://www.ladyfestspain.org

I'm really curious about Amy Lou book it has been
talked about here. She was one of the London Ladyfest
organizers years ago, by the way.

un saludo,

Mabel

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!