typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] FW: You Can Download Dolly Mixture Stuff Here...

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Mike Appelstein" <mike AT appelstein.com>
  • To: <TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] FW: You Can Download Dolly Mixture Stuff Here...
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 22:14:21 -0500

I happily downloaded the live and BBC sets, but is anyone else having an
ethical problem with the entire Demonstration Tapes double LP and 7" tracks
being online? I'm torn about it - I fervently believe that Demonstration
Tapes should never have gone out of print even once, let alone twice. But I
wonder what the band would think of this if they knew. I know they've
discussed a proper reissue, but maybe they wouldn't bother if if the
potential buyers are just going to download it off the Internet anyway. I'm
curious to know what others think about this.

-Mike
mike AT appelstein.com
http://djearlybird.blogspot.com