typicalgirls - RE: [TypicalGirls] Is this tune by The Raincoats??

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Mike Appelstein" <mike AT appelstein.com>
  • To: <TypicalGirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [TypicalGirls] Is this tune by The Raincoats??
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:05:57 -0600

It definitely doesn't sound like the kind of the song the Raincoats would
cover, even live. But wait! Didn't Letters To Cleo appear as "The
Raincoats" in the movie _10 Things I Hate About You_? I remember finding a
cover of "Cruel to be Kind" by "The Raincoats" on the original Napster, and
it turned out to be the L2C version. So if Letters to Cleo also covered "I
Want You To Want Me," there's your possible answer.

Mike