tcrp-news - [tcrp-news] 2009 Sign up schedule for Tompkins Weekly SoS Column

tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Tompkins County Relocalization Project

  • From: Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • To: Sustainable Tompkins County listserv <sustainabletompkins AT lists.mutualaid.org>
  • Cc: Cayuga Sustainablity Council <cayugasustain-l AT list.cornell.edu>, fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.mutualaid.org, Tompkins County Relocalization Project <tcrp-news AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [tcrp-news] 2009 Sign up schedule for Tompkins Weekly SoS Column
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 13:59:42 -0500

The following is a message I recently posted to various members of the sustainability community. I know many of you received the message, but my concern is that others might want it also, and I don't know who those people are. So please forgive cross postings. Please feel free to forward the information elsewhere.

Consider writing an article about your important environmental, social justice, and economic projects--in short, your sustainability work. Articles are published in the Tompkins Weekly/Sustainable Tompkins's column, the Signs of Sustainability. We're proud to note that our column sponsor has been Alternatives Federal Credit Union. Please find the series schedule attached.

Thanks,

Bethany

Dear members of the sustainability community,

Attached please find a schedule of dates for the sustainability series in Tompkins Weekly. The series has been received well in the community, and leadership and staff at the paper would like to support
it again in 2009.

Please sign up as soon as you're able by emailing or calling me with your request(s). I will manage the calendar, serve as your supportive adviser, and interact with the editorial board at Tompkins Weekly in a liaison role. All articles should be submitted to me on the due date, and I will submit them to the editors, who have asked for this protocol.

In signing up you don't have to fill anything out. I have filled out the first line in the table, just so you can see the information that I need.

Articles should range between 500 and 650 words. You can usually include a photograph, but your word count may have to be a little more modest, depending on space. The paper will make every effort to publish your piece on the scheduled day, but should some event require a change, your work will be published at a later date in the series. Any questions about copy and convention requirements can come to me. I will send you an email and phone reminder of your due date(s), so long as I have all your contact information.

Please let me know if I fail to adequately handle your needs. And if you can think of someone who should be on this list and isn't please contact me as soon as possible or forward the message on to whomever you have in mind.

Thanks for your help in making the Signs of Sustainability a successful series,

Bethany Schroeder
nidus AT pinax.com
277-3545

  • [tcrp-news] 2009 Sign up schedule for Tompkins Weekly SoS Column, Tompkins County Relocalization Project, 01/14/2009