spinix-users - Spinix pre-release v0.8

spinix-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Spinix Users List

  • From: Joseph Spainhour <spainhou AT coastalnet.com>
  • To: spinix-users AT ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Spinix pre-release v0.8
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2002 02:28:27 -0500 (EST)

Hello all,

Just thought I would let you know that the next release of Spinix is
up on ibiblio. This is a pre-release announcement, I still have a few
things I want to put into it before the final release, but I thought
you might want to check it out.
This is only the base system. I have yet to build the optional
software and I will not be doing an iso image until the whole thing is
complete.
As for other news, I just got a powerpc and the first port will be
well underway by the time spinix 1 is released. I had planed on doing
sparc first, but this was too good to pass up. If I am lucky, I will
also have an alpha in a few weeks. This is going to be a great year.
Let me know what bugs you find, and what you like and do not like
about spinix. The more feedback I get, the better the system will be.

Joseph

  • Spinix pre-release v0.8, Joseph Spainhour, 01/06/2002