sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] openoffice2-bin + jdk6-bin

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] openoffice2-bin + jdk6-bin
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:16:33 -0700

Quoting Javier Vasquez <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>:

Hi,

I've installed jdk6-bin-6u2 and openoffice2-bin-2.2.1. Then I tried
to configure openoffice so that it uses jdk6, however when browsing
through the options on openoffice, it doesn't seem to recognize the
jdk path... I've tried both the j2sdk link and the direct jdk6 one,
and also the corresponding jre paths, and none seem to work.

Hrm, last I tried (though I didn't look closely) openoffice2-bin worked fine with jdk6-bin, but then I only use it to read MS Word files. Supposedly jdk6 is backwards compatible with JDK5.

Openoffice2-bin runs with jdk6-bin, but the help (the only part using Java, IIRC) is what is failing?

It's not so bad since at least the gcj seems to be recognized by
default since I see FSF recognized by default...

Any hints on this?

The only work I've really done is to get openoffice to *compile* and last I checked openoffice needed the next (not out yet) gcj 4.2.x release, which I didn't try from CVS.

BTW: Is there any spell available to try compiling openoffice2
instead of installing the binary version?

I've tried (not too hard) to get openoffice to compile, but even 2.3.0 fails to compile without a lot of hackery. If you want to help out with this there's a devel-openoffice branch in our grimoire for you to play with. :)

-sandalle

http://eric.sandall.us/ | http://counter.li.org/ #196285