sm-users - Re: [SM-Users] kernel compilation + initrd

sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Sourcemage Users List

  • From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Javier Vasquez" <jevv.cr AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: sm-users AT lists.ibiblio.org, SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Users] kernel compilation + initrd
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:50:37 -0700

Hi.

Just to inform that I finally generated an initrd image that could be
loaded at boot, which instantiated successfully the ext2/ext3 FS's, so
they don't longer need to be compiled built in. So for desktops it
looks OK.

Thanks good to know someone else does that type of stuff besides me...
I also make my ide/scsi devices modules as well and throw them into
the initrd.

Bad news for me at least, is that the initrd image generated does not
support kernel suspend to disk, I don't know about the user suspend to
disk which I don't use any ways. so for laptops the initrd suipport
is not yet there, :(.

I'll continue without initrd until it's indicated it supports kernel
suspend to disk...

Oooo not sure about suspend to disk I haven't messed with that since
half the time it never comes back for me... but I'll look into how
that's supposed to be done with klibc.

Thanks,
- David Brown